Do you invite your ex to your wedding?
Do you have two friends who were an item but have since broken up?
Are your best friends no longer best friends with each other?
What do you do for the best about these problems?
Well, firstly…don’t stress..!
This is your special day and if they are still your friends, then they should have the upmost respect for you and behave themselves.
This is not about their ending of their relationship; it’s about the start of yours!
Here are some tips to help you:
- Speak to the people involved. Sometimes just having a chat before your big day can solve a lot of mishap on the day.
- If you have to make a choice between two people, think about whom you have known the longest and who would be the most upset to miss your day.
- Seat two feuding people on very separate tables far enough away from each other to even have eye contact!
- Invite your ex with a plus one invitation. This will help them to feel more comfortable as well as you and other guests.
- Talk to your new partner about how they feel about having your ex there. And make sure that they are honest with you. You do not want to start your married lives together with them hating the fact that the ex is in the photos and video!
- Finally, make sure that if the ex’s are invited, that you make a point of thanking them for coming and what it means to you and your new partner.
As I said before, this is your special day and nobody has the right to spoil it so do what you feel is right for you and your partner on your magical day.